March 1, 2011

Big Banquets – A Personal Experience

We’re seeing smaller weddings nowadays. But big banquets are still common, especially in Singapore where most Asian families are big, and having a big wedding sometimes signifies status and financial affluence. A big banquet, however, can pose a big challenge to your pocket. It poses many other challenges too, like logistics and seating arrangements… but that’s another story.

Having had a big wedding myself, I fully understand how any couple would panic over the costs of organising such a huge event. Here are some ideas I devised for my own wedding (and some after!) to achieve what I wanted at a budget-friendly price.


Blog_Big Banquets_DSCF2508

Seating Cards
Having a seating card for each and every one of your 500 guests would probably be unnecessary and excessive. Who knows if 3rd auntie or great uncle would suddenly change seats and join another table of relatives. Not to mention, 500 cards would cost more, and need more time to collate and organise. At my wedding, I had small strips of printed card stock with a message behind indicating table numbers. I didn’t want guests to forget their table numbers so when they arrived at reception, their table number was written on the card and they could keep it with them until they got seated. The printed cards could even double up as bookmarks if guests brought them home.

Read more on ExtraOrdinary Weddings Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a note :)